At the Diabetes Center Asklipios Diagnosis operates a diabetology department that consists of :
- a Diabetologist
- a Dietologist
- a Specialized Nurse
- a Cardiologist
- a Nephrologist
- an Ophthalmologist
- a Podologist
The diabetic health card includes 2 visits:
In the first visit:
1) examination by a pathologist – diabetologist and recommendation of the required laboratory tests:
- Complete Blood Count
- Blood Sugar
- HDL, LDL
- Uric Acid
- Total Protein
- Serum albumin
- Albumin in urine
2) check for diabetic retinopathy
3) dietary recommendations and education in the adaptation of dietary habits
→ education by a properly trained nurse
- In the daily self-monitoring and recording of blood sugar
- In the proper use of insulin
4) Basic cardiac evaluation
5) Plantogram (foot analysis)
In the second visit:
1) Evaluation by a pathologist diabetologist
2) Psychological encouragement and support (of the patient and of their family environment)
3) Depending on the risk of every patient on a personal basis, an evaluation of heart and vascular diseases by the prevention team is recommended
Calcium Score – evaluation of cardiovascular risk – depending on the degree of calcifications of the coronary arteries.
Informing – Prevention – Cooperation
Early diagnosis – Targeted treatment and Holistic treatment.
Regulation of the diabetic patient, on a personal basis, depending on the age, their level of knowledge and standard of living, the co-existence of other diseases or risk factors and the targets that will be set together with the Doctor.
Discussion of difficult cases at the “Diabetology Consultation”.
The History, laboratory testing and medication are electronically recorded in the diabetology card of the patient so that it can be easily accessed by the Doctor and the patients themselves.